COASTSIDE COUNTY WATER DISTRICT
766 MAIN STREET
HALF MOON BAY, CA 94019
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tuesday, March 14, 2023 – 7:00 p.m.
[ Download: Agenda (156KB) | Agenda with attachments (7MB) ]
The Public may attend this meeting in person at the District Office located at 766 Main Street, Half Moon Bay or choose to watch and/or participate in the public meeting by joining the meeting through the Zoom Videoconference link provided below. The public may also join the meeting by calling the below listed teleconference phone number.
The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 886 9189 4625
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,88691894625#,,,,*182549# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 886 9189 4625
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kbyQAbTp4H
Procedures to make a public comment with Zoom Video/Conference – All participants except the Board Members and Staff are muted on entry and video is disabled. Participants may not unmute themselves unless asked to unmute by the Moderator.
- From a computer: (1) Using the Zoom App. at the bottom of your screen, click on “Participants” and then “Raise Hand”. Participants will be called to comment in the order in which they are received.
- From a phone: Using your keypad, dial *9, and this will notify the Moderator that you have raised your hand. The Moderator will call on you by stating the last 4 digits of your phone number.
The Coastside County Water District (CCWD) does not discriminate against persons with disabilities. Upon request, the agenda and agenda packet materials can be provided in a format to accommodate special needs. If you require a copy of the agenda or related materials in an alternative format to accommodate a disability, or if you wish to attend this public meeting and will require special assistance or other special equipment, please call the District at (650) 726-4405 in advance and we will make every reasonable attempt to provide such an accommodation.
All public records relating to an open session item on this agenda, which are not exempt from disclosure pursuant to the California Public Records Act, that are distributed to a majority of the legislative body will be available for public inspection at the CCWD District Office, located at 766 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA at the same time that the public records are distributed or made available to the legislative body.
This agenda and accompanying materials can be viewed on Coastside County Water District’s website located at: www.coastsidewater.org.
The Board of the Coastside County Water District reserves the right to take action on any item included on this agenda.
1) ROLL CALL
2) PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3) PUBLIC COMMENT
At this time members of the public may address the Board of Directors on issues not listed on the agenda which are within the purview of the Coastside County Water District. Comments on matters that are listed on the agenda may be made at the time the Board is considering each item. Each speaker is allowed a maximum of three (3) minutes. Members of the public attending in-person must complete and submit a speaker slip. Members of the public attending via Zoom must first “raise hand” and the Moderator will “ask to unmute”. The President of the Board will recognize each speaker, at which time the speaker can provide their comments to the Board.
4) CONSENT CALENDAR
The following matters before the Board of Directors are recommended for action as stated by the General Manager. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered as routine by the Board of Directors, and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Board. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
- Approval of disbursements for the month ending February 28, 2023:
Claims: $ 655,899.16; Payroll: $ 196,600.69 for a total of $ 852,499.85 (attachment)
February 2023 Monthly Financial Claims reviewed and approved by Director Feldman
- Acceptance of Financial Reports (attachment)
- Approval of Minutes of February 14, 2023, Regular Board of Directors Meeting (attachment)
- Installed Water Connection Capacity and Water Meters Report (attachment)
- Total CCWD Production Report (attachment)
- CCWD Monthly Sales by Category Report February 2023 (attachment)
- Leak/Flushing Report – February 2023 (attachment)
- Monthly Rainfall Reports (attachment)
- SFPUC Hydrological Conditions Report – January 2023 (attachment)
- Approval for Director Feldman to attend Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) Spring Conference in Monterey May 9-11, 2023 (attachment)
- Approval for President Muller to attend Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) Spring Conference in Monterey May 9-11, 2023 (attachment)
- Approval for Director Reynolds to attend Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) Spring Conference in Monterey May 9-11, 2023 (attachment)
5) MEETINGS ATTENDED / DIRECTOR COMMENTS
6) GENERAL BUSINESS
- Approval of Professional Services Agreement with EKI Environment & Water, Inc. for Design, Bid Support and Construction Support Services for the Medio Creek Pipeline Crossing Rehabilitation, the Magellan Avenue Pipeline Rehabilitation and the Miramar Dead Ends Pipeline Improvement Project (attachment)
- Approval of Professional Services Agreement with EKI Environment & Water, Inc. for 1) Engineering Services for Highway 92 Potable Water Pipeline Emergency Restoration Project; and 2) Environmental Services for the Highway 92 Potable Water Pipeline Emergency Restoration Project. (attachment)
- Approval of Professional Services Agreement with Cecil & Cecil Enterprises, Inc. for Construction Inspection Services for the Poplar Street Water Main Replacement Project (attachment)
- Nunes Water Treatment Plant Upgrades Project Update #19 (attachment)
- Consider Resolution 2023-03 Concurring in Nomination of John H. Weed of the Alameda County Water District to the Executive Committee of the Association of California Water Agencies Joint Powers Insurance Authority (“ACWA/JPIA”) (attachment)
- Consider Resolution 2023-04 Designating Applicant’s Agent Authorized to Execute and to File an Application with the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services for the Purpose of Obtaining Federal Financial Assistance for an Existing or Future Grant Program (attachment)
- Discussion on Future Board Meeting Format (attachment)
7) MONTHLY INFORMATIONAL REPORTS
- General Manager’s Report (attachment)
- Superintendent of Operations Report (attachment)
- Water Resources Informational Report (attachment)
8) DIRECTOR AGENDA ITEMS – REQUESTS FOR FUTURE BOARD MEETINGS