Agendas and Notices
COASTSIDE COUNTY WATER DISTRICT
766 MAIN STREET
HALF MOON BAY, CA 94019
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tuesday, June 8, 2021 - 7:00 p.m.
On March 17, 2020, the Governor issued Executive Order N-29-20 suspending certain provisions of the Ralph M. Brown Act in order to allow for local legislative bodies to conduct their meetings telephonically or by other electronic means. Pursuant to the Shelter-in-Place Order issued by the San Mateo County Health Officer on March 16, 2020, as revised on March 31, 2020, the statewide Shelter-in-Place Order issued by the Governor in Executive Order N-33-20 on March 19, 2020, and the CDC’s social distancing guidelines which discourage large public gatherings, the Boardroom will not be open for the June 8, 2021 Regular Meeting of the Coastside County Water District. This meeting will be conducted remotely via teleconference.
The Public may watch and/or participate in the public meeting by joining the meeting through the Zoom Videoconference link provided below. The public may also join the meeting by calling the below listed teleconference phone number.
How to Join Online or by Phone
The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m.
Whether you participate online or by telephone, you may wish to “arrive” early so that staff can address any technology questions prior to the start of the meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Click to Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 937 7826 0596
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,93778260596#,,,,,,0#,,184355# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 937 7826 0596
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adZt3d9LjB
Procedures to make a public comment with Zoom Video/Conference – As a reminder, all participants except the Board Members and Staff are muted on entry.
- From a computer: (1) Using the Zoom App. at the bottom of your screen, click on “Participants” and then “Raise Hand”. Participants will be called to comment in the order in which they are received. Begin by stating your name and place of residence.
- (2) Using the Zoom App, at the bottom of your screen click on “Chat” and then type that you wish to make a comment into the Chat Box. Ensure that the “To:” field is populated by either “Everyone” or “the Moderator”. Begin by stating your name and place of residence.
- From a phone: Using your keypad, dial *9, and this will notify the Moderator that you have raised your hand. Begin by stating your name and place of residence. The Moderator will call on you by stating the last 4 digits of your phone number. If you wish to block your phone number dial *67 prior to dialing in. If your phone number is not displayed, the Moderator will call you by Caller number.
The Coastside County Water District (CCWD) does not discriminate against persons with disabilities. Upon request, the agenda and agenda packet materials can be provided in a format to accommodate special needs. If you require a copy of the agenda or related materials in an alternative format to accommodate a disability, or if you wish to attend this public meeting and will require special assistance or other special equipment, please call the District at (650) 726-4405 in advance and we will make every reasonable attempt to provide such an accommodation.
All public records relating to an open session item on this agenda, which are not exempt from disclosure pursuant to the California Public Records Act, that are distributed to a majority of the legislative body will be available for public inspection at the CCWD District Office, located at 766 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA at the same time that the public records are distributed or made available to the legislative body.
This agenda and accompanying materials can be viewed on Coastside County Water District’s website located at: www.coastsidewater.org.
The Board of the Coastside County Water District reserves the right to take action on any item included on this agenda.
1) ROLL CALL
2) PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3) PUBLIC COMMENT
At this time members of the public may address the Board of Directors on issues not listed on the agenda which are within the purview of the Coastside County Water District. Comments on matters that are listed on the agenda may be made at the time the Board is considering each item. Each speaker is allowed a maximum of three (3) minutes and must complete and submit a speaker slip. The President of the Board will recognize each speaker, at which time the speaker should proceed to the podium, give their name and address and provide their comments to the Board.
4) A) PUBLIC HEARING
To allow community input on Coastside County Water District’s
- Update to the District’s Water Shortage Contingency Plan
- Coastside County Water District 2020 Urban Water Management Plan
B) Consider concurrent adoption of the following Resolutions:
- Resolution 2021-03 – Adopting an updated Water Shortage Contingency Plan
- Resolution 2021-04 – Adopting the 2020 Urban Water Management Plan
5) CONSENT CALENDAR
The following matters before the Board of Directors are recommended for action as stated by the General Manager. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered as routine by the Board of Directors, and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Board. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
- Approval of disbursements for the month ending May 31, 2021:
Claims: $681,608.05; Payroll: $163,976.35 for a total of $845,584.40 (attachment)
May 2021 Monthly Financial Claims reviewed by and approved by President Reynolds
- Acceptance of Financial Reports (attachment)
- Approval of Minutes of May 11, 2021, Regular Board of Directors Meeting (attachment)
- Installed Water Connection Capacity and Water Meters Report (attachment)
- Total District Production Report (attachment)
- District Monthly Sales by Category Report-May 2021 (attachment)
- Monthly Planned Plant or Tank Discharge and New Water Line Flushing Report (attachment)
- Monthly Rainfall Reports (attachment)
- Expense Reimbursement Approval for President Reynolds’ Attendance at Water Education Foundation Lower Colorado River Tour, May 20, 2021 (attachment)
- Water Service Agreement for 226 Avenue Cabrillo (attachment)
- Water Service Connection Transfer Report - May 2021 (attachment)
- SFPUC Hydrological Report for the April 2021 (attachment)
6) MEETINGS ATTENDED / DIRECTOR COMMENTS
7) GENERAL BUSINESS
- Award of Contract for Construction Management Services to Freyer & Laureta, Inc. for the Nunes Water Treatment Plant Improvement Project. (attachment)
- Award of Contract for Engineering Services during Construction to HDR Engineering, Inc. for the Nunes Water Treatment Plant Improvement Project. (attachment)
- Award of Contract - Nunes Fuel Tank Replacement Project. (attachment)
- Approve Salary Schedule with a Cost of Living Adjustment Increase for Fiscal Year 2021-2022 effective July 1, 2021. (attachment)
- California Special Districts Association (CSDA) – 2021 Board Election – Bay Area Network, Seat A. (attachment)
8) MONTHLY INFORMATIONAL REPORTS
- Superintendent of Operations Report (attachment)
9) DIRECTOR AGENDA ITEMS – REQUESTS FOR FUTURE BOARD MEETINGS