Agendas and Notices
COASTSIDE COUNTY WATER DISTRICT
766 MAIN STREET
HALF MOON BAY, CA 94019
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 7:00 p.m.
On March 17, 2020, the Governor issued Executive Order N-29-20 suspending certain provisions of the Ralph M. Brown Act in order to allow for local legislative bodies to conduct their meetings telephonically or by other electronic means. Pursuant to the Shelter-in-Place Order issued by the San Mateo County Health Officer on March 16, 2020, as revised on March 31, 2020, the statewide Shelter-in-Place Order issued by the Governor in Executive Order N-33-20 on March 19, 2020, and the CDC’s social distancing guidelines which discourage large public gatherings, the Boardroom will not be open for the October 13, 2020 Regular Meeting of the Coastside County Water District. This meeting will be conducted remotely via teleconference.
The Public may watch and/or participate in the public meeting by joining the meeting through the Zoom Webinar link provided below. The public may also join the meeting by calling the below listed teleconference phone number.
How to Join Online or by Phone
The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m.
Whether you participate online or by telephone, you may wish to “arrive” early so that staff can address any technology questions prior to the start of the meeting.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Webinar ID: 985 9125 9316
Or iPhone one-tap:
US: +1-669-900-6833, 98591259316#,,,,,,0#,,306732# or
Procedures to make a public comment with Zoom Webinar – As a reminder, all attendees except the Board Members and Staff are muted on entry.
- Please note that this meeting is a Zoom Webinar as opposed to a Zoom Meeting. The difference being that as an attendee you will not be able to activate your webcam nor use your microphone (muted). You will not be able see other attendees in the webinar, only the Board Members and staff that are conducting the webinar will be visible and able to talk. If you have a question during the webinar, please use the “Raise Hand” control at the bottom of your screen.
- From a computer: (1) Using the Zoom App. at the bottom of your screen, click on “Attendees” and then “Raise Hand”. Attendees will be called to comment in the order in which they are received. Begin by stating your name and place of residence.
- From a phone: Using your keypad, dial *9, and this will notify the Moderator that you have raised your hand. Begin by stating your name and place of residence. The Moderator will call on you by stating the last 4 digits of your phone number. If you wish to block your phone number dial *67 prior to dialing in. If your phone number is not displayed, the Moderator will call you by Caller number.
The Coastside County Water District (CCWD) does not discriminate against persons with disabilities. Upon request, the agenda and agenda packet materials can be provided in a format to accommodate special needs. If you require a copy of the agenda or related materials in an alternative format to accommodate a disability, or if you wish to attend this public meeting and will require special assistance or other special equipment, please call the District at (650) 726-4405 in advance and we will make every reasonable attempt to provide such an accommodation.
All public records relating to an open session item on this agenda, which are not exempt from disclosure pursuant to the California Public Records Act, that are distributed to a majority of the legislative body will be available for public inspection at the CCWD District Office, located at 766 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA at the same time that the public records are distributed or made available to the legislative body.
This agenda and accompanying materials can be viewed on Coastside County Water District’s website located at: www.coastsidewater.org.
The Board of the Coastside County Water District reserves the right to take action on any item included on this agenda.
1) ROLL CALL
2) PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3) PUBLIC COMMENT
At this time members of the public may address the Board of Directors on issues not listed on the agenda which are within the purview of the Coastside County Water District. Comments on matters that are listed on the agenda may be made at the time the Board is considering each item. Each speaker is allowed a maximum of three (3) minutes and must complete and submit a speaker slip. The President of the Board will recognize each speaker, at which time the speaker should give their name and address and provide their comments to the Board.
4) CONSENT CALENDAR
The following matters before the Board of Directors are recommended for action as stated by the General Manager. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered as routine by the Board of Directors, and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Board. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
- Approval of disbursements for the month ending September 30, 2020:
Claims: $1,497,288.68; Payroll: $177,130.22 for a total of $1,674,418.90 (attachment)
• September 2020 Monthly Financial Claims reviewed by and approved by Director Feldman
- Acceptance of Financial Reports (attachment)
- Approval of Minutes of September 8, 2020 Regular Board of Directors Meeting (attachment)
- Approval of Minutes of September 18, 2020 Special Board of Directors Meeting (attachment)
- Installed Water Connection Capacity and Water Meters Report (attachment)
- Total CCWD Production Report (attachment)
- CCWD Monthly Sales by Category Report-September 2020 (attachment)
- Monthly Planned Plant or Tank Discharge and New Water Line Flushing Report (attachment)
- Monthly Rainfall Reports (attachment)
- SFPUC Hydrological Report for the Month of August 2020 (attachment)
- Approval for Director Feldman to attend the Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) Fall Virtual Conference & Exhibition, December 2-3, 2020 (attachment)
- Water Service Connection Transfer Report – September 2020 (attachment)
5) MEETINGS ATTENDED / DIRECTOR COMMENTS
6) GENERAL BUSINESS
- Public Hearing to Consider Proposed Amendment of Rate and Fee Schedule to Increase Water Rates for Fiscal Year 2020-2021 and Fiscal Year 2021-2022; Consideration of Resolution 2020-04 Amending the Rate and Fee Schedule and Finding that the Amendments are Exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act; Approval of Fiscal Year 2021/22 Operations and Maintenance Budget (attachment)
- Presentations by Staff and Raftelis Financial Consultants, Inc.
- Open Public Hearing
• Proposed Amendment of Rate and Fee Schedule to Increase Water Rates up to 5% effective January 1, 2021 and up to 5% effective January 1, 2022
- Close Public Hearing
- Board Comments/Board Action
• Adoption of Resolution 2020-04 - A Resolution of the Board of Directors of Coastside County Water District Amending the Rate and Fee Schedule to Increase Water Rates and Finding that the Amendments are Exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act
• Approval of Fiscal Year 2021/22 Operations and Maintenance Budget
- Quarterly Financial Review (attachment)
- Approval of Laserfiche Software Lease and Support Agreement with Ray Morgan Company (attachment)
- Approval of Extension of Services Agreement with WaterSmart Software, Inc. (attachment)
- Approval of Change Order with EKI Environment and Water, Inc. for Additional Engineering Services Provided During Construction on the Denniston Culvert Replacement and Paving Project (attachment)
7) MONTHLY INFORMATIONAL REPORTS
- Superintendent of Operations Report (attachment)
8) CLOSED SESSION
- Conference with Real Property Negotiators
Pursuant to California Government Code Section 54956.8
Property: 170 Del Monte Road, El Granada, CA 94018 [APN 047-181-080]
Agency Negotiator: Mary Rogren, General Manager
Negotiating Parties: Steven Zmay and Kathy ZMay
Under Negotiation: Price and Terms of Payment
9) DIRECTOR AGENDA ITEMS – REQUESTS FOR FUTURE BOARD MEETINGS