Water Use Restrictions
Prohibited Irrigation Activities for All Customers
Run-off: The application of water to outdoor landscapes and turf in a manner that causes run-off such that the water flows onto adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, private and public walkways, roadways, parking lots, storm-water drainage infrastructure, or structures.
Irrigation during rainfall: The application of water to outdoor landscapes during and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall.
Irrigation of street medians: The application of water to ornamental turf (lawn) on public street medians.
Prohibited Activities for All Customers
- The use of a hose that dispenses water to wash motorized vehicles, boats and trailers, except where the hose is fitted with a positive shut-off nozzle or device attached to it that causes it to cease dispensing water immediately when not in use.
- The application of water to driveways and sidewalks.
- The use of water in a fountain or other decorative water feature, except where the water is part of a recirculating system.
- The use of water that causes flooding or pooling due to super-saturation of the ground or soil.
- The indiscriminate running of water or washing with water that causes runoff.
- The use of water when the customer has been given written notice by the District to repair broken or defective plumbing, equipment, appliances, sprinklers, watering or irrigation systems, and has failed to effect such repairs for 24 hours after delivery of the notice.
- The use of water for single pass through cooling systems. The use of potable water ice making machines and other mechanical equipment that utilizes a single-pass cooling system to remove and discharge heat to the sewer. Water used for all cooling purposes shall be recycled or recirculated.
- The use of water from any fire hydrant, unless specifically authorized by the District, except by fire protection agencies for fire suppression purposes or for other specifically authorized uses, including fire flow testing. Other authorized uses by public agencies include water distribution system flushing, sewer system flushing and street sweeping.